The 4th International HR Conference
On 18-20 January 2012, CMMU hosted the 4th International HR Conference. It is a three-day event. On Jan 18, we have a opening ceremony at the Siam City Hotel, Bangkok. The keynotes speakers are Dr. Chirayu Isarangkun Na Ayuthaya, Director-General, Crown Property Bureau and Siam Cement Group Chairman, Prof. Gayle C. Avery, Macquarie Graduate School of Management following by multi session of academic paper presentation. In this conference there are 4 paper from CMMU faculty as listed below
1. Siebenhuner, T.*, Kantabutra, S. (2012) Sustainable leadership at a leading sanitary ware manufacturer”
2. Kantabutra, S., Suriyankietkaew, S.* (2012) Sustainable leadership at Thai President Foods.
3. Reis, D., Hunt, B. (2012) Ensuring corporate sustainability: Designing and managing an innovation pipeline in an organization.
4. Winit, W., Kantabutra, S. (2012) Examining Relationships between sufficiency economy business practices and corporate sustainability performance: A proposed model.
Tomas Siebenhuner is our Master Program student, Suparak Suriyankietkaew is our Doctoral student. Also, Pisanu Vimolratana and Apichai Somboonpakorn, our doctoral candidates presented their papers in this conference too. Pisanu is Royal Golden Jubilee Doctoral student scholarship and is now working cotutelle with Prof. Avery.
5. Somboonpakorn, A. (2012) Effects of shared leadership on team performance via job stress in health care industry
6. Vimolratana, P, Avery, G.C. (2012) Innovation, employee engagement, and quality as drivers of sustainability in a non-profit organization.
CMMU Faculty publication
A research report by Dr. Parisa Rungruang, CMMU faculty, entitled Antecedents of Organizational Commitment of Academics in Thailand: Qualitative Analysis has been published in Research Journal of Business Management (2012) Vol.6 No.2, pp. 40-51 (indexed by Scopus). Congratulations.
CMMU Faculty member guest speaker at KASIKORN BANK Treasury Symposium
On Friday 24, 2012, Dr. Roy Kouwenberg will give an invited talk at the Treasury Symposium “Challenges in Commercial Bank Portfolio Management”, organized by KASIKORNBANK. The title of the talk is “Optimization for Asset and Liability Management”. The presentation is on how banks and institutional investors can use scenario optimization tools to improve their risk management and profitability. According to research by Dr. Kouwenberg and other experts in the field, a crucial ingredient for successfully applying optimization models in finance is the quality of the inputs, such as expected returns and interest rate scenarios. The talk will also cover optimization techniques such as stochastic programming and applications to bank ALM. The Treasury Symposium on 24-25 February is organized by the Central Treasury Department of KASIKORNBANK.
On Thursday 23, 20112, Mr. Apichai Somboonpakorn, CMMU PhD candidate, presented his research study entitled: "The Effect of Shared Vision and Shared Leadership on Team Effectiveness in Nurse Teams" Meeting room 15th floor at CMMU Building.
Deputy Head, Research Department
College of Management