Prattana Punnakitikashem, Ph.D. Assistant ProfessorSpecializations:
Operations Management, Applied Operations Research in Health Care, Health Care Management
Dr. Prattana Punnakitikashem received her bachelor's degree in Chemical Engineering from Chulalongkorn University in 2001 and a Master's degree in Industrial and Manufacturing Systems Engineering from the University of Texas at Arlington, USA in 2003. She completed her Ph.D. in Industrial and Manufacturing Systems Engineering from the University of Texas at Arlington, USA in 2007. Her Ph.D. dissertation was on integrated nurse staffing and assignment under uncertainty.
Prior to her appointment at College of Management, Mahidol University, Dr. Punnakitikashem was an adjunct professor at the School of Business Administration, National Institution of Development Administration (NIDA) where she taught MBA courses such as quantitative analysis for business decision making, operations management. Previously, Dr. Punnakitikashem taught as a guest lecturer in nursing research classes at School of Nursing, the University of Texas at Arlington.
Dr. Punnakitikashem’s primary research interests include decision making under uncertainty, operations management, applied operations research, optimization, and stochastic optimization. Her research typically involves health care applications. She is a member of INFORMS, IIE, Alpha Pi Mu, and Tau Beta Pi.
- Baker, R. L., D. F. Buckley Behan, K. Goss, P. Punnakitikashem, P. Turpin, J. M. Rosenberger. (2009). “Phase I: Creating an Electronic Prototype to Generate Equitable Hospital Nurse-to-Patient Assignments”, Computers, Informatics, Nursing, to appear. (Indexed in Scopus, ISI Thompson, Impact Factor 0.969)
- Punnakitikashem, P., J. M. Rosenberger, and D. B. Behan, (2008). “Stochastic Programming for Nurse Assignment,” Computational Optimization Applications, Vol. 40, No. 3, pp. 321-349. (Indexed in Scopus, ISI Thompson, Impact Factor 0.648)
- Punnakitikashem, P., T. Laosirihongthong, D. Adebanjo, M. W. McLean, (2010). “A Study of Quality Management Practices in TQM and Non-TQM Firms: Findings from an ASEAN Context”, International Journal of Quality and Reliability Management, Vol. 27, No. 9, To appear
- P. Punnakitikashem, P. Tungkaprasert, (2010), “Quality Management in Hospitals”, Chulalongkorn Review, Vol. 87, April-June, To appear
- Sungwanna B., N. Tanatkitcharoen, T. Laosirihongthong, P. Tungkaprasert, P. Punnakitikashem, (2010), “Cloud Computing: Emerging Technology that will Transform your Business Model”, Chulalongkorn Review, Vol. 87, April-June, To appear
- Punnakitikashem P., Budsab, P., and Laosirihongthong, T. (2010), “Green Supply Chain Efficiency Measurement using Data Envelopment Analysis (DEA)” Ladkrabang Engineering Journal, Vol. 27, No. 2, to appear. (Listed National Journal by MUA, Thailand Research Fund: TRF)
- Punnakitikashem P., Tungkaprasert, P., and Laosirihongthong, T. (2009), “Prioritizing Enabling Factors in Reverse Logistics Strategy Implementation” Ladkrabang Engineering Journal, Vol. 26, No. 3, pp. 55-60. (Listed National Journal by MUA, Thailand Research Fund: TRF)
- Krannasut, P., R. Smutrakalin, S. Suebyim, P. Punnakitikashem, (2009), “Risk Factors for Systolic Blood Pressure in Graduate Students in Academic Institution”, Journal of Health Research, Vol. 23, No. 1, pp. 55-57.(Indexed in Scopus, Impact Factor = 0.101, Approved National Journal by MUA, Thailand Research Fund: TRF)
- Punnakitikashem P., Tungkaprasert P., Saikhun K., Laosirihongthong T., (2009) “Enhancing Healthcare Service Operations by Adopting Lean Strategy”, Chulalongkorn Review, Vol. 22, No. 85, October-December, pp. 81-98.
- Laosirihongthong T., N. Somsuk, P. Jitlada, P. Punnakitikashem, (2009), “ASEAN Economic Community Agreement”, Chulalongkorn Review, Vol. 21., No. 82, January-March, pp. 5-15.