Double Degree with
The financial management program responds to opportunities and challenges of the complex world of finance in a new era of globalization. The changing global context of the 21st century is demanding higher levels of expertise for corporate financial managers in Thailand and the Asia-Pacific Region. New financial tools such as options, derivatives and investment tools like hedge funds are increasingly causing decisions to be made swiftly without the luxury of error. Furthermore, managing new strategies for increasing the rate of return for investments are taking on increased importance.
The opening up of the global economy has created competitiveness for all organizations. Internationally, expertise in finance has become a critical component in the formation of competitiveness in a global business environment.
These changes have led to an increasing demand for higher levels of skills among professionals in the field of finance. Financial specialists themselves are becoming more aware of the value of theoretical sophistication, research expertise, life-long learning skills, as well as the specialized knowledge that can be obtained through advanced education and training in finance.
Corporate scandals across the globe have also raised awareness of the need for finance managers who understand the basis for ethical decision-making. Technical expertise alone is no longer sufficient as a qualification for the Corporate Financial Manager.
These needs apply equally in Thailand where expertise in financial management in the Corporate and Public sectors needs to be strengthened.
Core Courses (5 Courses)
- (MGMG504) Organization Behavior and Human Resource Management
- (MGMG505) Management Information Systems
- (MGMG506) Asian Economy in the Global Context
- (MGMG507) Financial Management
- (MGMG508) Strategic Marketing Management
Foundation Courses (3 Courses)
- (MGMG517) Investment Management
- (MGMG518) Financial Planning and Strategy
- (MGMG586) Quantitative Methods in Finance
Specialization Courses (11 Courses)
- (MGMG522) Research Methodology in Finance
- (MGMG542) Value Based Management
- (MGMG587) International Financial and Management Accounting
- (MGMG588) Corporate Governance
- (MGMG589) Wealth Management
- (MGMG645) Seminar in Management
- (MGMG680) International Finance
- (MGMG681) Derivatives
- (MGMG682) Mergers and Acquisitions
- (MGMG684) Valuation
- (MGMG687) Enterprise Risk Management