Detlef Reis, Ph.D.Specializations: Business Creativity, Strategy Innovation, and Business Thinking Skills
Dr. Reis is a University Lecturer in the College of Management at Mahidol University in Bangkok, Thailand, since August 2004. He graduated with an MBA in Business Administration from the University of the Saarland in Saarbruecken, Germany, from where he also received his Ph.D. in International Management. Dr. Reis teaches Master of Management courses in Business Creativity, Innovation Leadership, Principles of Management, and Decision Skills. He has published a book in German, Financial Management in International Small- and Medium-sized Enterprises.
Dr. Reis is also the Founding Director and Chief Ideator of THINKERGY Limited, the Idea Company in Asia. THINKERGY helps companies and organizations to get creative (3 solutions: Keynotes - innovation-related presentations and speeches; Training – workshops and bootcamps in Business Creativity and Strategy Innovations; Innovation Champions – train-the-trainers program for developing an in-house innovation culture) and to get ideas (solution: Ideas - tailor-made idea projects for Service Innovation, Experience Design, Brand & Image Design, and Strategy Innovation). For more information: http://www.thinkergy.com/.
Dr. Reis looks back on a business career of more than 16 years with Deutsche Bank - one of the leading universal banks in the world - in Germany, Vietnam, the Philippines and Hong Kong, where he held a position of Vice President and Regional Relationship Manager in the Global Banking Division before joining the College of Management, Mahidol University.
Dr. Reis also writes on Business Creativity and Innovation as a regular columnist for the Bangkok Post
(bi-weekly column “Creativity Un-Ltd.”) and the monthly magazine “XL—Extraordinary Lives”, a globally distributed Entrepreneurship Magazine.
- Finanzmanagement in Internationalen Mittelstaendischen Unternehmen. Eine theoretische und empirische Analyse. (Gabler) Wiesbaden 1999 (ISBN: 382446909X).
- Conference Papers and Presentations Business Education in the Age of Value Creation International Conference Paper presented on “The Asian Forum on Business Education” conference in Hanoi, 04.-05.12.2006
- Business Education in the Age of Value Creation Keynote Speaker at the Official Signing Ceremony and Program Launch of a new International Double Degree Program Creativity, Innovation and Entrepreneurship set-up by Rangsit University, Thailand and Mälardalen University, Sweden in Bangkok, 14.11.2006
- Teaching Business Creativity International Conference Workshop conducted on the Roundtable on Entrepreneurship Education (REE) - Conference in Bangkok (co-hosted by Stanford University and the College of Management, Mahidol University) in Bangkok, 26-27.06.2006
- Conference Participations Roundtable on Entrepreneurship Education (REE) USA 2007 - Conference at Stanford University,
Palo Alto, CA, USA, 24-26.10.2007
- Magazine and Newspaper Articles
- Bi-weekly column Creativity Un-Ltd. in the Business Section of the Bangkok Post featuring articles on Business Creativity, Innovation Leadership, Strategy Innovation, and New Value Design (since 04.2007)
- Bi-monthly article contributions on Business Creativity, Innovation Leadership, Strategy Innovation, and New Value Design to the magazine XL – Extraordinary Lives, an entrepreneurship magazine distributed across Asia-Pacific, the UK, North America and the UAE (since 11.2006)